Words.

At times I've wanted to share all of the things I've been going through; however I was unsure of how much of the details to reveal as well as the awareness of the power words carry. As a believer of The Word (see John 1:1; Holy Bible), in addition to Spiritual Laws and experience I am extremely careful with the words I select. 

Question: Do you believe, the power to "speak" blessings and/or curses are possible? 

Funny, I recently heard someone speaking about the very topic (the details escape me); the point they made was in reference to the relationship between "Spells" and how we associate the formation of words as "Spelling". The speaker went on to say that the energy, emotion, motive/intent, etc. of the person speaking words into/over your life is very powerful. As in when/if someone were to "cast a spell" or direct a "curse" in your direction; or on the bright side, send Love or "Blessings" to you. Pretty simple, I think. 

About a month ago I had a thought that I should stop "cursing", then I remembered a post or blog entry from @brookandthecity (check her out on Twitter and http://bcarter.storenvy.com/) where she explained how "f**k, sh*t, etc." aren't necessarily profane; while people claim "love" daily and don't mean it (please forgive my memory, I'm paraphrasing) that's the real profanity. Nonetheless that's absolutely true! People claim to love others yet should you observe their behavior and/or words towards those very people; the idea of Love would not enter your thoughts. 

I recall various times in my life where the subject of "Best Friend(s)" came up, everyone always seems shocked or offended when I disclose that I don't believe in such. From my experience most times the title is given and shortly after comes the "fall from Grace" either the one who proclaimed the connection typically has unrealistic expectations for their "Best Friend" or they grow apart. On the flip side, usually in my case people proclaim themselves as such, but neglect to "play the part". Briefly I found it to be quite disappointing which confirmed my thoughts on the notion altogether. 

I find myself in a very peculiar situation however I have Prayers up, Dreams in motion and Goals that I'm striving to achieve; in moments like these I stay very close to my Thoughts, Words and Heart as I am aware of "The Law of Attraction" and other key "weapons" which are counterproductive to Faith, Belief and The Power of Positive Thinking; I also understand that I am a Co-Creator in this "game" called Life. Which means (to me) that God put us all here for a purpose; our Destiny, however He gave us that pesky thing called "free will", which means He won't make us do anything, it must be our own choice. Although we have Dreams, Ideas, Thoughts, etc. nothing and/or no one can force us onto any particular path; it's up to us to choose. With that said, everything plays a part in those choices and circumstances. I made up my mind that I will dive into myself and pull out every talent, skill and gift I have been blessed with. I intend to be the person I was created to be, so I can't always verbalize each fleeting thought, concern or perspective. As I know how it can derail the Journey which leaves room for distractions, disappointments and regrets. All of which I've had more than enough of.  

For example: there was a time when I was unhappy with my weight; I'd complain to anyone who would listen about how "fat" I'd gotten. Yet the moment someone asked me to work out I declined. I ate terribly and the more I grew out of my clothes or felt some type of way I just ate more; I can be an "emotional eater" if I don't exercise self-control/ discipline. Although my words said "I don't want to be fat" my behaviors and thoughts said "girl, yes you do". It wasn't until my thoughts, words and behaviors were the same (in Harmony) that results started to show. The same goes for Love, Care, Concern, Work Ethic, etc. if your words proclaim a certain meaning (according to the dictionary; "word" also refers to "promise" and/or "assurance") yet you are unable, unwilling or incapable of confirming the words expressed with action; it may be best to allow them to go unsaid. Like the saying goes "don't talk about it; be about it". 

Truly what is there to gain by speaking things from your mouth that you don't fully believe or agree with in your Mind and/or Heart? If you are a person who does that, I'm curious to know if it causes the same level of disappointment for you when the truth is revealed? or perhaps the emptiness behind the words expressed are discovered to be in vain. As a "hearer" have you reached the point where the empty words no longer have the power to disappoint?

I understand we all have areas which require maintenance; we may even have some contradictions to work through. On the contrary, I believe shortcomings and hypocrisy are two totally different issues. I can't speak for the next person, but I know with everything I may say and/or do I am making a conscious effort to be better. I've written about it in previous posts and I'm certain I'll write about it again; my current Journey is on the path of Christ Consciousness. Not at all claiming to be perfect, but I am making an effort to live my life as true to the core as I can be; in alignment with the energy of Love, Abundance and Unity. 

With no desire to compete with anyone; except for myself. Becoming a better me than I was years ago, last year, yesterday as well as with each circumstance, test and trail. Not saying I won't share my experiences, I'm working on the tone/voice of The Blog as well as trying to "get my shit together" and battle Anxiety Disorder which is a daily struggle. 

As I put this post to a close I'd like to take the time to say Thank You again to each reader. I truly appreciate you taking the time to entertain my words, send encouragement, share music and Love. I can't express how much it means to me; especially during the tough days. I am extremely grateful; sending love light & blessings to you all, today and always. 

Namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment