Vampires Are Real...

I know, only in fables and movies, right? WRONG! Vampires come in many disguises, here's a not so common fact: they aren't necessarily after "blood".

You ever spend time with someone/people and by the time you part ways you are drained? Mentally, Physically, Emotionally and/or Financially? If the answer is "yes", you my friend have fallen victim to a Vampire's bite.

For some this may seem hopeless, but I'm here to remind you of one very important thing: Vampires, in their own way are usually ladies/gentleman, so they must be invited into your pocket, heart, thoughts, home and life. So stop inviting them OR disinvite them from your space. Simple? It really is. Trouble comes when certain circumstances are beyond your control. In those cases, I advise to be courteous however just as places of recreation and business "have the right to refuse service".

Typically I try to keep my mouth shut, i bite my tongue A LOT. i believe certain things should "go unsaid". However the challenge comes in when the obvious goes undone and the words MUST be said, that's usually my last resort. Mainly because it doesn't come out nicely, the "bossy", "controlling", "Devil Wears Prada" chick comes out and she's a Fuq'n Bitch, so i try my very best to defuse the situation before she takes over. Here's the part I must learn to understand: don't allow things to linger, to the point your "blood is boiling" and now you're about to explode on the next person who speaks in an unpleasant tone or gives you a "side-eye".

As this migraine finds strength, the neighbors new dog is trying my patience. It's been whining for #3 weeks now, banging and scratching on the door or whatever. Even worse, I feel as if its always there, alone or just pushed away so it's not a nuisance to its owner. On the flip side, the owner's neglect (a form of abuse) has become a nuisance to me. I've tried to endure it, I've complained, but since clearly I'm the only one bothered by it no one cares and nothing has been done.

Now IF/when I blow up, then everyone's gonna look at me as if I'm the crazy one. It's like "damned if I do; damned if I don't", but wtf?!? if I don't come to my own rescue these damn people and dog will suck me dry. How can you be nice, polite, generous, helpful, welcoming when you rarely receive those things (freely) from others. When it only comes with strings attached or out of guilt? I will be honest, I'm fed up.

I need a break! I try to be accommodating, I keep to myself, I actually prefer to be in my own company. I know this is perceived a certain way, and that's fine, by no means am I implying that I am perfect. Yet, I feel some things are "general principles" and should be taken care of without a conversation, or drama. And to be extremely honest, I don't feel as if that's unreasonable.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment