Timewarp

After I posted recently I stumbled upon a few things that made me question the direction of The Blog. I thought, then over-thought the contents of some things I've chosen to share and briefly considered editing; which basically consist of deleting curtain posts and making a mental note to exclude those topics in the future. The thought then lead to my physical journals; two in particular. I packed them away months ago with no interest in reading or writing in them; at least not in the foreseeable future. As I flipped through them (sort of) I immediately thought to burn them. I'll save that story for another time.

So Thursday morning I have the bright idea to begin a new journal. Over the years I've picked up a few here and there with the thought of one day having them all filled with random stories, memories, fantasies, etc. So I'm digging through boxes and drawers only to find pictures I'd forgotten about. One photo* in particular I decided to post on my Instagram account in honor of "Throwback Thursday".  There's so much about the beginning of that friendship that I don't remember, but I recall exactly when it deepened (see "Honesty Hour")   I then remember Summer 1997, I'm now back from Las Vegas (see "Viva Las Vegas!) and I'm dealing with one of the worst break-ups I'd ever experienced. My heart is broken and I'm "starting over, yet again". After a while she'd gotten tired of hearing his name and took it upon herself to "help me" find someone new.  I won't go into details, however I recalled my plan and all I'd said I'd accomplish, yet fate/ destiny or whatever you want to call it made sure to laugh right in the face of the "well thought out" story in which my life was supposed to go.

Funny how one encounter or series of events can change your entire life. Had it not been for timing and the bond we shared, how many of those "plans" would now be a reality?


*note: I removed the photo out of respect for privacy and the sensitive nature of the stories shared.




No comments:

Post a Comment