New Day

I spent some time this weekend reading through The Blog; first randomly selecting posts which lead to reading the associated entry, before I knew it I was lost in my own words for hours. I know I mentioned the thought of deleting and starting anew, but I've decided not to. The truth is: the thoughts and feelings shared were from my Heart; and to delete or attempt to "erase" them won't take away the space it filled during that time.

I began The Blog hmmm around 2008 (iBelieve) with private settings as a way to process my thoughts and feelings. I had no intention on sharing them with anyone, let alone "strangers". So in 2012 when I had the conversation to change settings to public (see, "Comfort Zone(s)") I made sure to delete almost all of the posts I'd published (2008- 2010). Overall, I am glad that I did since those thoughts were extremely personal not to mention private; and I know I would've been quite uncomfortable sharing. This time however, those thoughts are the past; along with many of the feelings expressed. 

One obvious difference is, I am no longer the "heartbroken" girl holding onto unrequited love. I can re-read the posts of my past and measure growth as well as areas that still need improvement. At times take a stroll down "memory lane" and reminisce on some pretty fun/ crazy times. Many times I found a smile or giggle as I read some of the things I'd completely forgotten about and had a moment debating which sites I'd share on (see, "Here I go again"). 

As many things have changed during the time spent away from blogging/ writing I finally feel that feeling I had a few years ago when I was happy, healthy and in love with myself.  I feel as if this is a fresh start, a new chapter so to speak. I can almost see it, I can feel it, and now I believe it. I trust the process and embrace what it does to me. Most importantly, I am encouraged to continue and allow this outlet to serve its purpose; whatever that may be. 

Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment