2013 Resolutions

What's a "Resolution"?  Dictionary.com defines it as:
 

res·o·lu·tion

[rez-uh-loo-shuh n] Show IPA
noun 
 
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something. 
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Why call it a resolution if you're not going to stick to it or actually do ANYTHING differently?  The other day I tore my room up looking for a few documents, as I opened a particular storage bin I found various things from 2010. The most noticeable was my "lifestyle plan" and without going into a lot of detail, I accomplished many of the things on the list and I didn't even look at it for the past 3 years.  With that said, I encourage you to create a vision board (see "The Secret") or if you're better at books or lists; create a Scrapbook or "To Do" Lists with pictures and words which details the life you'd like to live beginning 2013 (make sure to include deadlines and rewards for your achievements) and don't look back.
 
No Doubts!
No Fear!
No Excuses!
No Short-Cuts!
No "I Can't"s!
 
The story of Lot's wife comes to mind, (Genesis, Chapter 13), Story of "Lot's Wife" on Walk-By-Faith.com.  As it's been said a million times over the years, I'm sure her outcome was not based on the single act, but the desire.  Many times I feel God wants to take us to the next level yet we are too afraid that it'll end up like what we left or worse rather than better or THE BEST.  Let's resolve to do better in 2013, as we start the 2nd week let's do the things we should've started on January 1, 2013.  When you find a moment, check out the type of thoughts God has for us and see if that makes it a bit easier to get started.  Here's one for example:
 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
Jeremiah 29: 11-14 (NIV)

 
 
I've made my plan for 2013 and I feel it moving already, I pray the same for you. 
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment