Leave my Body


Whenever I hear this song it reminds me of the scripture which speaks of how "being absent from the body is to be present with The Lord."  At times, I pray to leave my body, even if it's just for a few moments or a day or two.  I honestly believe this may have happened a time or two, for example when I had the car accident (see, Saturday, November 5, 2005) and was unconscious for an unknown period of time.  Like, what happens during that space in time?  Or when people are in a coma or whatever, I know what scientist say, however I believe that may be a time when you (generally speaking) may be in the presence of The Lord.  I don't know why this was on my mind this morning, well actually, let me explain.

I'm up, dressed, out the door and in the car.  As I pull off I realize there's something wrong with my car and I intend to be somewhere at a certain time to assist in the preparation for a meeting.  As I've stated in previous posts, I've been trying to "go with the flow", "not get frazzled by the little things" and "seek God for guidance".  Well, initially I felt the tears forming in my eyes and I knew an anxiety attack was well on the way.  Especially with the way the past couple of days have been going, nevertheless I couldn't allow that to happen for various reasons (1. I must be stronger then these "feelings" and 2. I have one anxiety pill left).  I sit in the car for a few moments then I realize, I was rushing to make it on time as well as run an errand (I guess you could call it that) and I hadn't done my meditation.  I prayed and gave thanks and gratitude for waking up, but I didn't spend those extra moments in the stillness of the day to get "the" plans, thoughts, agenda, assignment for my day.  So finally, I get out of the car and head back into the house, I slip on a pair of sweats under my skirt as I was still trying to figure out a way to get to the meeting; although I wouldn't make it for the prep I would at least make it for the "meat and potatoes" or so I had hoped.

I sat on the floor with my legs crossed (Indian style), lit my candle (Glade, Polka Dot Petals), closed my eyes and began my meditation.  Shortly after, my little cousin comes down to sit with me and asked what I was doing; so I explained it to her and we chatted a bit.  I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up, she said "a painter", I said that would be awesome! you'd spend your days creating beautiful art, you could make a lot of money and you'd spend your days the way you wish.  She then asked me why I didn't have a job, I laughed slightly and told her that I did; I just wasn't there because it made me sad.  So she asked me, what do you want to do? I said, be happy (the look on her face was priceless).  We listened to a song (Closer by Goapele) and as she listened to the words, I prayed for her.  For her mind, body and well being.  I prayed for her in school and for her to never lose sight of her dreams, I then began to think of others and as they came to mind I said a prayer for them as well.  Lastly, I prayed for direction and as I completed my prayers I sat in silence.  It was in that moment the thoughts of leaving my body came to mind.  

It may have started yesterday as I was driving to my family's home and the song Deja Vu by Teena Marie came on (I posted the video last night), more tears began to fall and I thought that I didn't want to be here anymore (please don't be alarmed, this is NOT a cry for help lmao) I felt as if I wanted to be in the presence of GOD, in that perfect peace which passes understanding.  I do not fear death, however I am not chasing it or trying to make it come upon me prematurely.  With that said, it triggered the thought of the scripture about being absent from the body which by association made me think of the song "Leave My Body" so I listened to the song a few times then looked up the passage online.  Typically I like to read the King James Version of the bible, I suppose that's the "Princess" in me.  I am intrigued by Castles, medieval times, Dragons, Knights in Shining Armor, you get the picture.  Anyway, I've begun reading the "easy to read" version as it just seems gentle rather than translating the "ye", "therefore", "henceforth", etc although I also love throwing those words in my everyday conversation just for "shits & giggles".  

So here's the passage from 2 Corinthians, Chapter 5 vs. 1-21:

We know that our body—the tent we live in here on earth—will be destroyed. But when that happens, God will have a home for us to live in. It will not be the kind of home people build here. It will be a home in heaven that will continue forever. But now we are tired of this body. We want God to give us our heavenly home. It will clothe us and we will not be naked. While we live in this tent, we have burdens and so we complain. I don’t mean that we want to remove this tent, but we want to be clothed with our heavenly home. Then this body that dies will be covered with life. This is what God himself made us for. And he has given us the Spirit as the first payment to guarantee the life to come.
So we always have confidence. We know that while we live in this body, we are away from the Lord. We live by what we believe will happen, not by what we can see. So I say that we have confidence. And we really want to be away from this body and be at home with the Lord. Our only goal is to always please the Lord, whether we are living here in this body or there with him. 10 We must all stand before Christ to be judged. Everyone will get what they should. They will be paid for whatever they did—good or bad—when they lived in this earthly body.

Helping People Become God’s Friends

11 We know what it means to fear the Lord, so we try to help people accept the truth. God knows what we really are, and I hope that in your hearts you know us too. 12 We are not trying to prove ourselves to you again. But we are telling you about ourselves. We are giving you reasons to be proud of us. Then you will have an answer for those who are proud about what can be seen. They don’t care about what is in a person’s heart. 13 If we are crazy, it is for God. If we have our right mind, it is for you. 14 The love of Christ controls us, because we know that one person died for everyone. So all have died. 15 He died for all so that those who live would not continue to live for themselves. He died for them and was raised from death so that they would live for him.
16 From this time on we don’t think of anyone as the world thinks of people. It is true that in the past we thought of Christ as the world thinks. But we don’t think that way now. 17 When anyone is in Christ, it is a whole new world.[a] The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new! 18 All this is from God. Through Christ, God made peace between himself and us. And God gave us the work of bringing people into peace with him. 19 I mean that God was in Christ, making peace between the world and himself. In Christ, God did not hold people guilty for their sins. And he gave us this message of peace to tell people. 20 So we have been sent to speak for Christ. It is like God is calling to people through us. We speak for Christ when we beg you to be at peace with God. 21 Christ had no sin, but God made him become sin[b] so that in Christ we could be right with God.
 _____________
Namaste 

No comments:

Post a Comment