My "Inner Fat Girl"

She's trying to surface and derail my efforts, I don't know her name, but she loves greasy fried chicken and cupcakes with tons of icing.  For a few years I allowed her to run wild and I was MISERABLE! So now she's in check, however the week of Christmas we chose our battles. Bacon Cheeseburger, Chili Cheese Fries (only a couple), A cupcake with easy icing, and the greasiest fried chicken combo on Earth.  The trouble is, that bitch hates the gym, so for the week of eating this delicious heart attack/ comfort foods I failed to work out.
 
I also realized, some of the cravings are associated with particular emotions,  You guessed it, I'm an emotional eater; however it's typically when my feelings are low rather than happy or excited.  The past couple of days I allowed a couple treats, one in honor of "My Ace's" birthday and the other after leaving one of many doctor appointments this past week.  I learned that the eczema is now in my scalp *sigh* for those that know me, I'm sure you can imagine how annoyed I am because of this.  So I left and headed to the nearest "dealer" and got a glazed donut, OMG it was so good!  I didn't feel guilty or even second guess my choices.  The difference was I began working out twice daily, I'd run in the morning; usually if I had errands nearby the house then I hit the gym in the evening for at least 30 minutes.
 
The other thing that was quite interesting was, I'd surpassed my weight loss goal prior to the holiday.  So once it was all said and done and time to get back on track I chose to weigh myself.  Initially the scale said some ridiculous number which I knew wasn't right.  To the point I had to call "My Hubby" from the other room just so he could see it.  I then repositioned the scale and to no surprise the correct number appeared, the great thing about it was, although I ate like a fool I had a cushion so when it was over I was back at my goal.
 
However, today I can't seem to get out of bed and all I want to do is eat fried chicken, glazed donuts and ice cream.. o_O
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment