In this moment.... My Thoughts

I often have thoughts, beliefs, opinions or whatever you'd like to categorize them as that will ruffle feathers. For some reason and I'm not completely sure why, I choose to keep them to myself. I guess it's out of fear that I'd hurt someone's feelings or that it's just me and my "unattainable" set of standards as others have said.  Or perhaps because when I speak my piece to some I am often called an "asshole" or informed that I am being "mean".  Yet, when I'm encouraging or giving words which co-signs their thoughts and opinions then everything is fine lol.

True, my standards are high, for myself and for those in my circle. I'm not sure if that's wrong or not. I understand "live and let live", but what if the living is below their potential? Do you say nothing and allow them to continue in the mundane? I don't know about you, but I want to be great. I want to live abundantly with everything that God has for me. Unlike some/many/most people, I want those around me to live the same way. Trouble comes when I say things that may hit a soft spot and the defenses come up.

I'm finding myself in a space now where I no longer wish to keep these thoughts to myself, I've gone far too long censoring myself and I understand how that has not served me.  I also realize how often I censor my posts and the number that remain in the draft.  This also must change! I believe somewhere along the way this may be a part of my journey and in order to get where I desire to be I must say and do all that is in my heart to say/do.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment