Life Support

I've found in my roughest moments it is so important to have a solid support system. True, when you have a relationship with God; (s)he is all you need. Well here's the thing, God is with you, within you as well as all around you; however I also believe that s(he) works through people to supply your needs. This could come in the form of an encouraging word, a helping hand, compassion, empathy, reassurance, etc.

You ever read something, turn on the TV or listen to music and it feels as if the message was JUST for you? Do you think that was a coincidence? Last week after the anxiety attack, I felt a little broken, I was completely off balance and my prayer and meditation wasn’t quite the same. My ever present insomnia was at its worst and I felt completely restless; usually when this happens I quiet my mind and whatever thoughts come up I attempt to tackle them. To my surprise, I had no thoughts; I was completely blank and unsure what I was supposed to do. So I watched some TV, who do I "happen" to find? Iyanla Vanzant, Oprah, Deepak Chopra and a few others whose names aren't coming to mind. The next morning I listened to music and Yolanda Adams, Richard Smallwood, Florence + the Machine, Jay Z, M83, Erykah Badu and a few others provided comfort and at times confidence to handle the day ahead of me. While commuting to work I would read a blog I follow called, www.thedailylove.com. Every message I received seemed to be RIGHT on time and just for me. Look at these blog titles from the past few days:

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 “And the FIRST step towards REAL transformation is...”

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 “Here's how to take your power back!”

Thursday, September 20, 2012 “Here's why you should start before you are ready!”

Then my friends were around to send love, give hugs, offer solutions, extend help and made me aware that they had my back and want to see me win. It's important to cherish the people in your life and to admire the gifts they possess. Sometimes it's not always clear why someone is around until the moment they are no longer there or better yet, the moment you need them the most. The thought that comes to mind is "no man is an island"

Take a moment and reach out to a loved one today, it may mean the world to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment